The ketogenic diet advocates eating foods that are high in fat but have next to no carbohydrates. The goal of this diet is to achieve the natural metabolic state of ketosis. This is the moment when our body begins to use ketones (i.e. fat) instead of carbohydrates to generate energy.
Many people who want to start with a ketogenic diet are a little at a loss because it seems that all foods have way too many carbohydrates for them. But that is only correct at first glance. There are many delicious dishes that are virtually free from carbohydrates.
We recommend that you seek medical advice first before starting a ketogenic diet. If there are no medical concerns, we now have three delicious ketogenic dishes to start with, which are also quick to prepare. So, here’s how you can try the ketogenic diet without much effort.
Enjoy your meal.
What you'll read:
Baked avocado with egg
- 4 eggs
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 tbsp chopped herbs
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees.
- Now cut the avocados in half and remove the stone.
- Remove about two tablespoons of pulp from the center of the avocado. (Just enough to fit the egg.)
- Place the avocados in a small baking dish, making sure that they are relatively stable in it.
- Beat an egg into each avocado half.
- Now put the baking dish in the oven for 15-20 minutes. The cooking time depends on the size of the avocados.
- Garnish with herbs and pepper and enjoy. Various salsa sauces also go well with this dish.
Salmon with crispy cabbage and kale
- 3 tbsp olive oil, individually
- 2 salmon fillets
- 2 tbsp dill, fresh, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ bunch of palm kale, cleaned without stems, leaves cut into thin slices
- ½ teaspoon lemon peel
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ head of savoy cabbage, cored and thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 280 degrees.
- Put the palm kale and savoy cabbage in a baking pan with a tablespoon of oil and distribute everything evenly – salt and bake in the oven for six minutes.
- Place the salmon on another baking sheet, season it, and place it in the oven until it is well done (which will take about 10 minutes).
- In the meantime, take the dill, lemon juice and zest, mustard, and the rest of the oil, stir everything together, and season with salt.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salmon before serving.
Chicken with lemon thyme
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Juice of one lemon
- Thyme, fresh
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Season both sides of the chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Now take an ovenproof dish, drizzle it with olive oil and place the chicken breasts in it.
- Drizzle the chicken with another tablespoon of olive oil, pour the lemon juice over the chicken and sprinkle with thyme leaves or sprigs.
- Put the pan in the oven for at least 30 minutes, until the chicken is well done.
- Take the chicken out, pour the juice from the baking pan over it, and let it steep for 10 minutes.
- Serve with fresh thyme leaves and enjoy.