Chipotle is a popular fast-casual restaurant that offers burritos, tacos, and salads. It’s easy to eat keto at Chipotle! Read on for tips and tricks on how to order low carb food items from the menu.
What you'll read:
What is Chipotle?
Chipotle is a chain of Mexican fast-food restaurants that specializes in burritos, tacos and other foods. It has more than 2,400 locations worldwide and it’s one of the fastest growing restaurant chains in America. The company was founded by Steve Ells who had originally opened a fine dining restaurant called “Ells”. After some time, he realized that people wanted more affordable food options and so he changed his business to serve what people were asking for – high quality ingredients at an affordable price. Chipotle offers various types of food and also food that is keto-friendly.
What does Chipotle offer?
Chipotle offers an array of protein options including steak, chicken breast, or thigh with fajitas vegetables; grilled sofritas with onion and bell pepper; carnitas pork (simmered in citrus fruits); vegetarian black beans served with cilantro lime brown rice without cheese or sour cream; guacamole made fresh when ordered; romaine lettuce cups filled with tomato salsa and other hot sauces like chipotles en adobo, chipotle mayonnaise, or tomatillo-red chili salsa; and low carb tortilla bowls.
How to eat Keto at Chipotle
Chipotle has various options for anyone who is into any of this diet: keto, whole30, paleo, and vegan.
If you want to know what you can eat at Chipotle that is keto-friendly, here are some tips and a list of the food that is suitable for anyone who is on the keto journey:
1) Choose salad bowls or lettuce wraps instead of tortilla chip bowls or taco shells when ordering burrito bowl or chicken soft taco.
2) Load up your “salad” with guacamole, sour cream, cheese, salsa verde (green), corn salsa (yellow), pico de gallo (red).
3) You can also add grilled vegetables like onions and peppers to make it more filling and delicious.
4) Cilantro-lime cauliflower rice is another popular keto-friendly dish you can order at Chipotle!
We have a separate article about Cilantro-Lime Cauliflower Rice Review for Keto and Vegan that you might be interested to read.
5) Tomatillo-red chilli salsa is one of the best keto-friendly salsa you can have from Chipotle.
6) Don’t order any alcoholic beverages! Alcohol throws off keto balance because it’s high in sugar which can cause you to lose fat soluble vitamins (A, D, E) that are important for optimal health and weight loss success when following a low carb diet plan like Atkins 20).
How to stay in ketosis while eating Chipotle keto food
It’s important to stay in ketosis while following a ketogenic diet but it can be difficult. One of the best ways is to eat enough fat at each meal and consume minimal sugar, which will help you lose weight and keep your blood sugars stable (especially if you’re diabetic).
There are plenty of high-quality fats that have been shown to be beneficial for ketosis, including avocados, coconut cream/oil, and grass-fed butter.
When you are eating at Chipotle make sure you don’t consume a lot of carbs and sugars.
Read here: How much sugar you can have on keto
Chipotle is a great restaurant to eat keto. All you need to do is choose the right food and be mindful of not ordering any alcoholic beverages!
Please note that this is not an all-encompassing list, and the ingredients used may change over time. The most important thing is to read the menu carefully and choose keto-friendly items.