Shakeology is the healthiest, most amazing nutritional shake there is. Period. And now that keto is trending, it’s time to explore the idea of drinking Shakeology on Keto. Shakeology is classified as a “superfood,” and with superfood comes some super interesting research…
So while we may want to drink this amazing shake on Keto, we need to know: what might happen?
In this article, we will talk about whether someone can drink Shakeology on keto diet.
What you'll read:
What is Shakeology?
Before we learn whether or not you can drink Shakeology on keto diet, let us first learn about what is Shakeology and why do someone even drinks it.
Shakeology is a beverage which contains over 70 superfoods. It was first created by the company Beachbody.
The main purpose of this drink is to make a nutritious and delicious shake that can help you achieve better health.
So, when you’re looking for a health shake that’s not just full of artificial sweeteners, but a drink that contains superfoods and provides you with nutrients, then this is what you should be drinking.
ALSO READ: Can You Eat Eggs on Keto?
Shakeology has gained so much popularity that you can find it at your local grocery store.
You can also order Shakeology online.
Some people drink it every day, while others prefer to drink it once in a while. The main benefits of drinking this shake include:
- Promote good health: Shakeology is packed with antioxidants, phytonutrients, vitamins, and minerals that all work together to promote good health and fight off diseases.
- Improve the immune system: The ingredients in this drink are rich sources of antioxidants which help maintain the strength and health of your immune system.
- Burn fat: This shake contains the right amount of protein, carbs and fiber to help you achieve your weight loss goals. It also contains green tea that helps to boost your metabolism.
- Lowers the risk of heart disease: Shakeology has ingredients which help lower LDL cholesterol and blood pressure, thus reducing the risk of heart disease.
- Fight cancer: The antioxidants present in Shakeology help to fight cancer cells and protect the body from the risk of cancer.
- Boost energy: Shakeology has a variety of vitamins and minerals which help give you an energy boost and maintain your physical and mental health.
Now, let’s find out whether someone can drink Shakeology on keto diet.
Can I Drink Shakeology on Keto?
Before we give it a direct answer, let us check the nutritional facts of this health shake.
Shakeology is a nutritional powerhouse, has more than 70 super foods and contains over 50 nutrients.
The drink also contains 17 grams of protein, 17 grams of carbs, and 140 calories per serving. (source)
On keto, you want to be sure to avoid anything with sugar. And unfortunately for Shakeology drinkers, Shakeology does have some added sugars.
So now, can I drink Shakeology on keto?
Yes! If you’re drinking it as part of your keto diet and are keeping track of your macros, then you can definitely drink Shakeology on keto.
ALSO READ: Can You Have Sweet Potatoes on Keto Diet?
Shakeology on Keto: What to Avoid?
Now that you know what Shakeology is and if it’s okay to drink on keto, let us now talk about what to avoid when drinking Shakeology on keto.
Since you’re following a ketogenic diet, you’ll want to avoid any added sugars. And as we mentioned before, Shakeology does have some added sugars.
ALSO READ: How Much Sugar Can You Have on Keto
However, you can easily account for the sugar content by adding it to your daily macros.
Now, if you’re on a strict keto diet, then drinking Shakeology can be a bit tricky.
That’s because Shakeology also contains carbs and protein.
But if you’re following a cyclical keto diet, then drinking Shakeology is definitely okay.
Finally, you can drink Shakeology on keto as long as you’re keeping track of your macros and don’t overdo it!
ALSO READ: Can You Have Ice Cream on Keto?
So, there you have it. You can drink Shakeology on keto as long as you’re aware of the sugar content and are keeping track of your macros.
Remember, Shakeology is a nutritional powerhouse and can definitely help you achieve better health on keto!